Everyone who uses a Windows 7-based computer can benefit in some way from Windows 7 training.
You’re reading this, so you obviously know how to use a computer. But wouldn’t it be nice to know how to use the Windows 7 operating system more effectively, whether you’re using your computer for work, personal reasons, or both?
We’ve devoted an entire section of our website to helping you get the Windows 7 tutorials you need. The information you’ll find there can help make your computer experiences safer, easier and more efficient. When you browse through this special section, you’ll find a variety of how-to articles, Windows tips and tricks, and other Windows 7 training materials that can help you use any Windows 7 computer better and more securely.
Our Windows 7 tutorials section includes specific Windows 7 training materials that address a number of important topics relating how to use a Windows 7 computer. For example, we include Windows 7 training materials on the following topics, among many others:
- Windows 7 networking and Internet settings – how to configure your browser settings to enable you to access the Internet safely, quickly and easily.
- File and folder settings – how to change the way files and folders function on your computer, and how to change the way they’re displayed on your monitor.
- The Windows 7 Taskbar and Start Menu – how to customize and use them to make your tasks easier.
- Operating system performance and maintenance issues – how to configure Windows 7 to ensure your computer remains secure and maintains its optimum performance.
- Windows 7’s programs and features – Windows 7 includes a number of programs, tools and features; our training materials will show you what they can do and how you can use them to your advantage.
- Using the security and system tools built into Windows 7 – everyone needs to know how to properly configure and use Windows Update, for example.
- Parental controls – how to control your child’s computer usage and establish restrictions on the programs and websites your child is able to access.
- User accounts – what they are, why you want them, and how to set them up.
- Hardware and device drivers – your computer and all your peripherals might currently be functioning perfectly, but you might have problems in the future unless you know how to deal with hardware and device driver issues as they occur.
- Appearance and personalization – how to make your Windows 7 computer reflect your personal preferences.
- Backup and restore – how to ensure that you’ll be able to restore lost data, settings, bookmarks and other crucial information in the event your Windows 7 computer crashes or a virus comes your way.
- Power management – this knowledge is essential if you’re a laptop user and need to extend your battery life as long as possible.
These are just some of the topics we cover in our website’s training section – there are many others as well. They’re all important when you want to know how to use your Windows 7 computer safely and effectively.
There are many ways you can learn the intricacies of the Windows 7 operating system and how to use it to your advantage – efficiently, safely and securely. For example, a number of books contain useful information about Windows 7 and can be used as Windows 7 training materials. Several books have landed spots on our “recommended reading” list, including some written by Mark Minasi, a recognized expert in the field of Windows 7 training.
There is little doubt that these books can provide a firm foundation for those who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of Windows 7. They do, however, have dual disadvantages. For one thing, buying a few of these books can add up to a considerable expense. More importantly, however, once a book is printed, its contents become static and fixed in stone. The information in a printed book, no matter how good it is as of the date of printing, is unable to adapt to developments and reflect changes that occur after that date.
The world of computers changes frequently and rapidly. Users need a reliable source of accurate, up-to-date information about Windows 7 training. Fortunately, information posted online is able to adapt rapidly to computer technology’s frequent changes and developments. You’ll find plenty of free but valuable Windows 7 training materials on our website. Our tutorials are current and up-to-date, and they’re essential tools for every Windows-based computer user.